If you like Doritos and American-style Mexican food then this super easy to make casserole is for you! Even better – it makes great leftovers!
- 1 large 13-ounce package of Doritos (save 2 cups for casserole topping
- 2 tbsp. onion, grated
- 1 10-ounce can of chili with bean
- 1 lb of chopped meat
- 10- to 15-ounce enchilada sauce
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1½ cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Doritos
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1¼ cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook the onions and brown the chopped meat. Season as you wish (salt, pepper, etc.)
- Crumble bag of Doritos with your hands (I just open the bag, hold it closed and smash ‘em!)
- Pour a light layer of Doritos into an 8½ x 11-inch oven-proof casserole dish.
- Add the chili, the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and 1½ cups of cheddar cheese to the chopped meat and onions. Mix it up!
- Pour meat mixture into the casserole pan and top with a couple more handfuls of Doritos.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Spread the sour cream over the top of the casserole with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Top with remaining 2 cups Doritos. Then sprinkle with the 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for another five minutes and serve!
Enjoy! Our family loves this one!