It’s a new year – hell it’s a new DECADE – and it’s time for a major overhaul for my blogs (and myself). I have a few months left until I finish my Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems and web development and if I want to actually succeed in web design (along with all my other various business plans) I absolutely need to get with it!
I’ve already blogged a little about my personal resolutions for 2010 on my other blog. They included losing weight (need to find my ‘outer’ hot-mama again), learning how to get organized and really kicking ass in school in order to land an awesome job after graduation.
Here are some of my ‘blogging goals’ for 2010:
- Read (at least) three books on affiliate marketing (including the Super Affiliate Handbook by Rosalind Gardner which has gotten some amazing reviews from some of the top affiliate marketers on the internet).
- Catch up and stay caught up on product reviews. When I get contacted by a PR company for a review my turnaround needs to be quicker.
- Change layouts and launch my new military wedding planning website (soon!!) There is so much to do and I need to get moving with it! I also need to run it by my affiliate marketing friends so that they can give me some constructive criticism.
- Network more! At least three times a week visit my list of great networking websites that are there for the purpose of networking (including SITs, TwitterMoms, etc.). Participate more! It’s all about ‘relationships’ and I would love to have more online friends.
- Write up posts for my niche blogs and set them to auto-post. It’s all about time-management baby! This will give me more time with my family which will in turn give me more blog fodder! (lol)
- Delete old posts off my personal blog that are hated by Google and are preventing me from getting back my page rank. I’ve had my other domain name for over 10 years now and there is no reason other than these excess posts to not have a page rank!
- Reformat my military blog – because it’s obviously NOT working as a blog! It needs to be a website instead with an occasional blog instead of just focusing on the blog. I want to write up base reviews (with the help of others) along with local things to do and places to see. I want to be able to pimp out my fellow military spouses’ home businesses and really give back to the military community. I want to help other spouses get the most out of their life as a military spouse.
- Share what I’ve learned with others – a lot of people have shared what they know with me, now it’s my turn to give back to the blogging community. One of the things that Aaron Brazell (of TechnoSailor.com) spoke about during his session at IzeaFest this past year was that “(blogging) is not all about you.” Aaron was raw and straight to the point with his keynote and it was probably the BEST session during the conference. His speech was loosely based on his series of blog articles titled “8 Traits of Highly Effective Influencers” – a great read!
- Start (and keep up with) a video blog. This should be interesting!
- I couldn’t just leave it at “9” so my last goal for this year is GET ORGANIZED! (I really need to!)
What are some of your professional / blogging goals? I would LOVE for you to share them with me! Good luck this year! It’s gonna be an awesome one!
Ps. The above photo is of two of my ‘besties’ and I on New Years Eve!